Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Frankfurt to Samara


Alton and Paulsen sleeping in Germany


4:00 AM Russian Time
"Well, we are almost there! It is crazy. I am really going to be in Russia! It's crazy. Right now I am sitting next to a бабушка who only speaks Russian. She is really nice and understanding that I don't speak good Russian. That makes me fell good about getting to Russia.

After I wrote today, I slept some more before going to another terminal. We sat around and studied a little before going to buy some german chocolate. It was super good, and I enjoyed it greatly.

We then were waiting for our flight time when a huge storm came in. There was tons of lightning and rain and things – we thought for sure our flight would be delayed, but it wasn't really.

We got on the bus and drove to our plane which meant we got to walk up to it. That was an adventure. I fell asleep like 3 minutes after take off, so that was nice. We had an interesting meal, and I didn't finish it!

I am excited to get to Russia even though I don't understand as well as I need. The Lord has truly blessed us in all our flying to get here. I know that he truly loves me and knows the experience that is ahead of me.

It truly has been a humbling experience to get here! I know that the Lord has been teaching me, and that he is molding me into something he wants. I will follows the Lord as Nephi did (1 Nephi 3:7), and do all I can for him. This is the work of God, and he is sending us forth to declare the gospel of his son Jesus Christ."

No comments: