Friday, September 5, 2008

Alcohol and Candy

5 September 2004
"Once again an itneresting day turned out for us. We had sacrament this morning, and that was awesome. Presidnet Давыдик was there, and he bore his testimony and taught the lesson for the second half. It was awesome. After the meeting, we had several meeting. An interesting one as always was with Лена.

She had some candies (chocolates), and I was eating them. Well, no one had told me that some Russian candy has alcohol, and so I had a nice surprise - actually it was disgusting! I lived so that was nice. It was good to do missionary work again. It makes life a lot better, and time really moves. The work is fun too!"

-- I still remember this experience very vividly. The candy was disgusting and I thought that the candy was rotten at first. Elder Jensen explained to me later when I asked him. I even ate another candy, but broke it open and poured the alcohol out on my plate before eating it, just to be courteous.

No comments: