Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cinammon Rolls and Miracles

29 August 2005
"My back hurts again. I guess that is what we get when we walk a lot after rarely walking. We went about an hour early to the office because I wanted to make some cinnamon rolls - well I just needed to bake them and so I did. Well, after I baked them, and frosted them a bit I had to guard off Сестра Раиса. We had собрание округа and that went well. I had to teach Сестра Silva, and that went all right. She had a good question about seeing an angel. She wanted to know why she wouldn't see one for an answer. Well I did terrible, but it was good practice. After the lesson that I gave, we all went and ate the cinnamon rolls - плюшки на русском - and they were awesome. I worked on stats for a bit and then went with Elder Ehlert to the bank, and store. Elder Bennett made lunch - potatoes and chicken - what a great guy, and then we took off to give some money to a family that was in great need. We had about an hour and a half and decided to walk to the church. We thought it would be quick but it was a bit longer than we thought. We walked forever and we finally made it after our legs were dead. We had FHE and I had to translate again. I did really bad tonight and I had to think a ton. Well, Elder Lunt had a cool experience in Saratov with the patriarch Manfred Scheutze. When they were there he got stung by a bee and he is very allergic. Well he can die within 10 minutes but he has a shot that he can use. Well, he was going for the shot when he remembered that he was with other priesthood holders. The patriarch gave him a blessing and as soon as he did the swelling stopped and his finger went back to normal. What an awesome testimony of the priesthood power. After FHE we just came back here and now we are relaxing. I remembered that I talked with the twins (Орловы) and we talked a bit about their missions. They served together in Germany and saw each other a lot. They were even comps. Well, I told them they were lucky. I wish I could serve with my brother. Well, things are well here. I am tired, but that is good news. Back to work we go tomorrow!"

No comments: