Sunday, August 30, 2009

Great Hymns

30 August 2005
"Today has been pretty cool and we are here kind of by formality. We don’t necessarily need to be but we kind of wanted to basically. Well we had a good day and I am a little dirt bag – I am dirty I mean. This morning we came here a few minutes early and we got things done that we need to. We actually had a good time studying and I learned a little bit about Alma 34 and about how the body and soul can be reunited. We were asked this question once in Saratov, and I didn’t know what to answer and I just thought about it because Sister Silva did a thing with us the other day where we had to answer questions about scriptures. It was cool and I had a good time but then later I remembered this question and I wanted to find an answer. Well I found a lot of scriptures and thought a bunch about it and it finally made sense to me. I thought of several examples and the main one that I thought about was a bed. When there is a bed but there is no mattress, what is it called? Well you can call a few different things but you can certainly still call it a bed. The same goes for a soul. A soul without a body is still a soul and especially if it will become a soul again. It made a lot more sense to me after I thought about it like that. Well I am going to continue to study up on it, but that helped me a ton to understand a lot better what a soul is. Here in the office I got ready for MEC which we then had and we went to work at. We talked a bit about what happened in Moscow for President with Elder Uchtdorf and about how they talked a ton about Preach My Gospel and about the importance of it. We really need to use it a lot more and have to know how it can be used. Well we have been working on focusing on that, and President Davidik said that it was a way awesome conference. We got through everything and then I got out and went about my own business for a bit before the big load came. We had to move a ton of boxes. All of the new hymnals came in Russian. Well I moved probably about 40 boxes and I got super dirty. I was really sweaty by the end and it was pretty crazy. Well after all the moving we took the hymn books and we had a good time looking through them. It has been weird that I haven’t had these hymns and I thought about how I had forgotten them. Well we looked at them for awhile and then we ate some really good food. After we ate I finished a few things up and then we went to English Lesson. English was pretty fun and we had a good time but kind of pointless. I realized how dirty I was for all of the boxes that we had moved and all and I felt kind of dumb. Well we did a spiritual thought at the end, and it was pretty cool. Well after the spiritual thought we came back to the office and now we are here and we are singing some of the hymns and all so that is cool. It is way cool to be able to sing these hymns. I love it so much. I miss singing them so much and I am way happy to be able to have such wonderful songs. What a wonderful new spirit it will bring into the meetings here!"

No comments: