Saturday, December 19, 2009

One Prayer

19 December 2005
"I can't believe the joy that comes from working! It is so awesome. Today was one of the downest days ever on the mission, at least at the start. I had no way of focusing. I sat, read, but nothing got through. It was about 10:00 and I said a prayer to the Lord to help me to focus and to get the spirit. I opened Preach My Gospel right to the Book of Mormon section and had an awesome 30 minutes of study. From that, I was ready to get out on the streets and to do some contacting. Not only that, but I talked with a ton of people and knew what to say. What a blessing just the one little prayer made.

We had собрание округа, and that went well. We ate some pelmeni after that, and we just sat and chatted. The other elders are good guys, and they work fairly well. Our evening was another great blessing from the Lord. At about 4, we left the other elders house, and we had no plans at all. We called several people, but nothing. I finally got hold of one lady, and things went well. We had a meeting with her, stopped by to another lady, had a meeting with her. It was interesting because this lady hasn't seen the missionaries in over a year, and she is very believing. She talked about the Bible, and about how we need to talk more about it not to scare people away. We then stopped by to a couple more people before finishing with one more meeting. It was so awesome. We blessed the lives of tons and it is such an amazing feeling. The crappy day turned out to be a fairly good one."

No comments: