Sunday, August 3, 2008

Short

3 August 2004
"Well, another day quick day over with. We were busy as always, and we did a lot of traveling. We started out with a short lesson about the nature of God with Гулшей (not sure). That went well.

Also today, we knocked some doors, and I got some good practice speaking. We met with our neighbors tonight, and they are good people, and they have a lot of challenges (like everyone here). We ended the night with a good meeting with Слава. He is one of the members here with the Priesthood. He is a great young man, and it was nice to get to know him better.

All in all, it was a good day. Every day I am understanding more and more. The lord is greatly blessing, but I must continue to work super hard. I love it here. It is awesome!"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hm, who is Slava? Did we ever meet with him? Don't seem to remember him...

JTENMAN said...

Yeah, we did once or twice. I remember once for sure about a week after you came to Izhevsk. He worked in a bank near the center (I believe just outside of our area). He worked a lot so we just stopped by to the bank and talked with him on the street. He was taller and I think that his skin was pretty dark (but it's been about 4 years).
Maybe the former elder Jensen can explain him better than I can.

Ben said...

Hey yall..Slava lived clear out on the far end of town by Gulya, can't remember the name of it but it was a long bus ride out there. Other than that you've got it right JC, taller, dark skin, and a mustache, worked at the cperbank.. Really good guy, I think he ended up leaving and going to another church that played "rockband" for its meetings. Not sure though

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I remember going to the bank and talking to him once. That's all I remember though. Thanks for the refresher.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tenney, sorry about the slow reply.

Slava, yes he was a good kid. Wonder what happened with him. He got baptized the same time as Denis. Always smiling and laughing. We met him at English class I believe, because his mom started coming through her acquaintance with Alexei. His mom was a bad influence on him, and I think we figured she played a role in getting him to stop coming. When we taught him the discussions at their house, she would listen and chime in but strongly disagreed with us when we talked about Joseph Smith etc. Slava was kind of embarrassed by her.

Anyway, he stopped coming very often after he got the job with the bank, and then we had a hard time getting a hold of him.