Saturday, August 9, 2008

Циганки

9 August 2004
"Well...I need to start my entries different. lol. All the same - I had a good day. Anyhow, we started out with a trip to the болница for a test on спид for Elder Jensen. We finally saw the gypsies today, but Elder Jensen grabbed me and told me not to look or talk with them because they hypnotize you - exciting . Luckily nothing happened with them.

We had our meeting with the округ, and that was good. We then went with Алексей on some visits. We ate at everyone's house. We were ready to throw up after the third meal we ate. We finally made it to the FHE and had a good time there. Now we're relaxing and preparing for tomorrow.

The Russian culture is much different from ours. We can't really decline food w/o someone getting mad. Also, the city is huge here, and there are a million street vendors and sellers. Everyone uses public transit, and loves to be outside. People are often friendly and helpful. I know the Lord has blessed me to be here (I want to write some about the culture everyday for a couple of weeks)."

округ - district, Алексей - Aleksei

No comments: