Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Good advice and food

18 November 2005
"Today was a pretty sweet day. We had a nice long time in the gazelle. We were in Engels for a Zone Conference and that was cool. It has been a long time since I was there, and I had a lot of memories come back. It was a good 2 months there, and I love to serve there. Victor - a guy that we contacted there - got baptized last Saturday, and that was way cool.

Conference today was a good one, and we talked a lot about крещение (baptism). That was way good and we learned a lot about how we can work a lot more effectively to prepare people for this important step in life. We have several investigators, but we don't know who is ready for baptism. We need to work with them and to help them a ton. I am excited to be able to have so much work.

We had Papa John's for lunch and that was way good. On the way home from Engels we stopped into Saratov and got ourselves some Шарума. It was way good, and it has been a long time since I have had such tasty food. On the way home, we talked forever and told a lot of jokes. It was a lot of fun, and we were all super tired. It was a nice long ride home, but we made it.

President gave me some good advice. He said that I should set a goal that I am striving for while I am here. I need to make a difference during my service here. It is something that I will be attempting to do, and I will have to think of what goal I want to set."

No comments: