Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Great Family

25 November 2005
"Today was way fun, but it wasn't a great work day. We ran and got our passports this morning, and that was cool - I can now be legal here. Well, we came back here and ran through a planning session. That was good, and we are almost sure that we will have a lot of time and a lot of meeting next week. We hope that we can help Афина to get a baptismal date, but she needs to start coming to the meeting.

After we planned, we went and took all the leftovers for ourselves and ate a bunch again - nowhere near as much as we did yesterday.

We then took off to try and find some members that didn't go so well for us. We ended up walking around in the cold and freezing wastelands of Russia. We even tried to contact some of the people, but no one was really wanting to. We ended up walking a long distance with little result. I guess that is part of missionary work and that is what we are here to do.

We then went to service at the cancer hospital and we cleaned the walls and the floors to get rid of the germs. It was fun, and there was about 15 of us. We then had to stop by to President and Sister Makarova's house to get a contract. We had a cool time there and I got to play an accordion for the first time ever. Let's just say that I made a complete fool of myself, and I sure didn't make any music. We tried some dry, pig fat (сала) - it's pretty tasty - and they tried to get me to like olives. Let's just say that it was a ton of fun, and they have an awesome family. I love them to death. I want to find and baptize a family like them. So many good people here, so many faithful saints - they are such an example to me."

No comments: