Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

1 January 2006
"Another year gone! You have to be kidding. It doesn't even feel like 1 year ago already I was writing in this things saying that the year flew by. Time just flew. I have less than 4 months on my mission, and that can't be right. This past year was easiest the biggest growing year of my life, and coming to know myself more. I don't know how the Lord does it, but he sure does help us to grow. He knows where we need to be, when, and with whom. My mission hasn't been the easiest or most successful, but it has been what I have made it. I loved each area in which I have served and have grown enormously. I am blessed to be here in Penza among these wonderful people, and this is one of my favorite areas. What a blessing to serve. I looked at my journal and goals for last year, and I did a fairly good job. I have relaxed a lot and stayed obedient. I need to study the language better, but that is about all. My goals for this year were weird as will be finishing my mission, and have life to think about after that. It doesn't feel like a new year one bit, and things have just gone way too fast.

Today we got to leave the apartment to go to the meeting this morning. There was a lot less people than usual of course, but it was all good. We chatted for a bit before coming back home. We made a huge casserole, and just relaxed. I took a nice little nap. I need to study a bit more, and prepare certain lesson for this coming week. We will see how it all turns out tonight. I absolutely love this work, and love to be here. I can't believe how fast time flies and how many wonderful experiences I have had. The strength I have gained will help me throughout my life to be strong and always turn to the Lord."

No comments: