Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Flying Home

20 April 2006
"My mission is coming to an end. I am on the first of 3 flights to get home, and it is crazy. I don't know what to think. We had an interesting day so far and it is only almost 10 by Penza time. First things first - I didn't sleep all that well as I knew I was leaving. After that, we got up at about 3:30 this morning, showered and got all ready and then headed off with Роман. We went to the office and then to the airport. So there, I exchanged some money and then we just waited. We talked with an American so that was cool and we chatted a bit about the church. We saw Лилия who helped us out a ton. We set up everything so it would go smooth. When we left Лилия gave me a hug - it was crazy, but felt good too. Now we're just flying...I hope that I can keep busy for the next several hours, and I will write my feelings as I can.

7:00 PM (Penza Time)

I am going by Penza's time because that is what I have on my watch. That's not so important as is what's happening. Nothing really amazing but a few interesting things. In Germany we split up with Elder Paulsen who flew alone to Chicago while we are headed to Denver. We talked with a few people who wanted to know what we were doing and all. So here on the plane I have been going out of my mind. We have just eaten, but before that, I just sat. We still have 7 hours of flying ahead, and so that should be fun. I am going to write some people and watch something probably. Here on the plane is an Elder Cummins that knows my brother. He just talked with him this morning and was in my brother's zone. I guess it's a small world.

4:00 AM (Penza)

Well, I am on the last leg and almost there. It is sure insane and I can't believe it. It doesn't feel real. It will be even crazier to be home, and see the family in just over an hour. So the last flight ended pretty well, and I slept a bunch and watched the film and all. It was sure crazy but I made it. We went through customs and all before parting with Elder Alton. One of the things I did was ran and got a drink from a water fountain. It felt so good! I jumped on this plane and will soon be home. It is weird to look out the window and see real mountains. Its been so long since I have seen the peaks. It is also strange to hear only English. It has been a long time since I was part o the majority. Well, I want to do a few other things so I will write again later."

No comments: