Monday, July 28, 2008

Working

28 July 2004
"Well, I am a terrible writer. I totally forgot last night that I needed to write. The night before that, we were on a bus here to Ижевск, and I was unable to write.

Monday was mainly just spent in the office waiting to go to here. We left at about 6 that night and arrived in Ижевск. Also, we ate at McDonalds in Самара.
...
We visited Лидиа and Ангелина, and talked with them for a bit. They are a couple members of the church here. They are very strong and very nice. Strong as in good members.

We then had a discussion with Ана и Олга. Ана is the daughter of Олга, and they are great people also. They fed us some food, but we weren't too hungry, so they sent it home with us. So we were teaching the 2nd, and it was going well.
We were able to commit them to baptism. Ана is ready for it, but we will have to work with Олга. She is set about already being baptized, so we will see what we can do. We will have to work hard, and let them know our testimonies in order to keep them committed.

That is why I forgot to write. We got home like 15 minutes late, and my mind was on other things. So today is preperation day, and we will be working tonight to teach and other things.
...
Off to work and write I must go, so I will write again later tonight.

---------------

Well, we just stepped in, and Elder Jensen is talking his ear of on the phone. Anyhow, tonight was a good one. We started by talking with people on the street, but no one was really interested.

We then knocked a few doors and not much happened. We gave away a Book of Mormon to a lady who will hopefully give us a call, but I am not sure.

Tonight we met with Олга и Настие. They were just barely baptized and so we were teaching the first discussion for new members. It went all right, but not great. I was tired, and it was hard, but they are both great members.

The lord is blessing me greatly with the language and I am greatful for that. This is definitely where I should be. The Lord loves me and has blessed me to be here."

--Sorry for all the bad Russian spelling of names. I had no idea how to write them.

No comments: