Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rich and Poor

27 September 2004


"We have met the richest person we will ever meet here in Russia. Бела is her name, and she is super nice. Лена from English introduced us to her. She has a huge house, and has been everywhere. We even watched a video from when she was in California. It was crazy - her house was nicer then mine at home.

On the other hand, we met with another investigator who is on the other end of the scale. She lives with very little. It is in insane. Неля has a son and husband who were killed about 5 years ago. She is very humble, but said that she doesn't want to meet with us anymore because she is already living correctly. We will return though.

It's funny how the Lord blesses us in weird ways, and we don't realize it. Неля is so blessed because she is so humble. I think I need to step back and look at all the things the Lord has given me. I know that he has blessed me, but I often take it for granted. The Lord blesses me, I just don't realize it always.

Also, we had district meeting, and we are starting a new program for missionaries worldwide. It is awesome - we now actually have time to write here. Also, we will have time for dinner, and we have to be home at 9. Talk about crazy! It will take getting use to, that's for sure!"

No comments: