Monday, June 22, 2009

Moscow Insanity

22 June 2009
"The trip is finally about over, and that is a good thing. I am absolutely dead tired after all that has happened. I just want to pass out. This morning we made it in to Moscow, and we headed straight for the рынок. Once we got there we started the insanity. We talked with tons of people, and we bought tons. I bought 10 Matroshki dolls as gifts, and so now I have a ton to send home. I also bought 8 of them for Smith. So basically it was a bad idea to buy all of them because we had to lug the darn things around with us. Well, I then bought some shirts for the family, and that was all.

After the insanity there, we went to Red Square. The bad part is that it was closed. So we complained a lot - I mean come on here - we're in Moscow. Basically it wasn't cool, but we walked around and took a few more pics before heading out to eat. We had the best food! It was like heaven. We found TGI Fridays there and I got ribs and cheesecake and chips and salsa! Wow - I was in heaven. We also watched soccer, and later a track meet. It was pretty cool. It sure didn't feel like missionary life - it wasn't. We slumped out of TGIF's and we went to the metro again. We headed out to the office there in Moscow and picked up a package that we have to bring back with us. We chilled in their office before heading back to the horrid streets of Moscow to get to the airport. The airport was ад! (Guess that word) We finally got through it all and got on the flight. Well, we are almost back to Samara and so that's cool. Back to missionary work...office life...and everything else."

No comments: