Friday, July 10, 2009

Way of Life

10 July 2005
"It was another good day until I realized that I forgot a paper for Elder Ehlert in the church. It was pretty important, so tomorrow morning we have to get it. I hate when I forget things. Anyhow today at the meeting we had a good time and met some more Americans. They are working here and they will be here for a couple of weeks. They served in Russia and Ukraine and go to BYU. Interesting how many Americans we have met. There was an interesting experience for me at Priesthood today. There was a young man by the name of Давид and as we talked about the temple he looked at the Salt Lake temple and strived to be there. The desire in his eyes was very clear. I thought about how lucky I was to have been able to be there and to be able to get to visit. I hoped that David will be able to get there someday.

Well, we visited Блинковы today as they wanted the sacrament - they just got back from the temple. It was nice to see him and talk with his family. It is crazy to think about how some people are so active and others not. I have thought about it a lot lately. There are so many inactives and they just don't understand. I don't know how they can fall away so easily. Did they not feel that change of heart that Alma talked about. They don't understand how bad it will really be. I wish that they could understand that this isn't just some game or something that happens and then we are saved. 5 years is all I need. Its a lifetime process. It's a way of life, not a part of life. Its how we live everyday. If every member would just understand, then things would be so much better. That's my job I guess though. Enough rambling, but you got the point.

Tonight on the tram a drunk guy was talking to Elder Bennett when he started to yell and swear at him. He tried to spit on him, but missed. We got up to leave, but weren't at the stop yet. He stood up and kept yelling. He was right in my face and told me some not so nice things. Well, the conductor told him to stop and sit down, but he didn't. Luckily, the stop came fast and we got off. He didn't follow! All was fine, but interesting. Well, now we are home and I have tons to do as it will be a crazy week with all going on. That makes it fun though!"

No comments: