Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Work and work

29 September 2005
"Well we are having a good time and we did a lot today. We have had a really good time. We were really happy today and I was glad to have a good time. Today was definitely a good day. We came here early this morning because of the council that was here. Well we got here and we met up with all the zone leaders and we had a good time that way. I love to see the zone leaders as they are always such great missionaries. Well, I ran around and got things set up and did what I needed to. We then started council and that worked out really good. I love to hear about President. He talked about the Book of Mormon today and that was way awesome. He talked about writings in general and about how we need to write down our own stories and to write in our journals because it is our story. The spirit was strong and I was very impressed as always by him. He is such an awesome man and I love him very much. It is awesome to be so close to him. Well, we then heard from the Zone Leaders as always and then we had lunch. That was definitely the best part of the day. Well, we then heard from the assistants and they talked about writing down things in the area book and how that is so important. I guess that is something that I need to work on a bit more and that we can do better. Well, we then finished up the council and President of course finished things. That was awesome as always and once again the spirit was so strong. Well, then the fun began. I ran around for a bit as I always have to do when there are a lot of people here in Samara and we had to get all the transfers ready and help them get ready for that. We ran through that and got people ready for what they needed to do and then we started our transfer. I went with Elder Barney and we walked around for a bit and that was cool. We talked about everything and we had a good time. We then stopped by to a member who wasn’t home before we started to knock. Well, we had a way awesome experience when we are knocking. We were knocking in this home and we didn’t have a lot of success and that we met one lady who was great. She said that she wanted to come in right away but the bad part was that there was no one else home. We invited her to listen to the sisters and to ask them to come over. She said that she would love to meet with them and to have them over. We took her name and address also and we told her that we would pass it along. She was very happy and we were so happy to be able to find such a wonderful lady. She was very nice and she wanted to know more about us. We were happy to be able to talk to her and to get to know her. Well, we talked with another lady who threatened to call the cops on us so we decided that it was time to give up knocking and we needed to get back here to the office anyways. We stopped by the store and a couple things and then we came here. It is about 8:45 and we are going to be going to the Вокзал here soon and then we are going to go home. We have to take some things there for the Zone Leaders as they are all out on exchanges right now. Well, it was an awesome day to work, and I love to be a missionary. This is such an awesome work. I love the Book of Mormon and the writings that are found there, and I love the opportunity to be able to serve other people. I know that the Lord is blessing me here. I know that this is truly his work. What a blessing this is to be here. I love it a ton and I love to share with others this happiness! The gospel is so AWESOME!"

No comments: