Friday, October 2, 2009

Bloody

2 October 2005
"I had a good day. I really enjoyed everything and I felt like we were really helping. We stopped by to pick up Надежда and her 2 sons - Вася and Валя. Well, they are really cool and we went with them down to the church. Well we got there and the guys had a hard time listening and staying awake. I think the main reason was because Надежда forgot everything and so she told they couldn't eat at all. Well, we made it through and then they left. We stayed and somehow suffered through the lesson for priesthood meeting. We also talked with the other missionaries after the meeting about how to help the members. My comp and I talked with Кольцов and he gave us some ideas of how to help people. Well, we then tried to stop by to some people, but no one was home.

We went to the office to eat and finish our fast. We had a good time there and my comp pulled up general conference and we listened to President Hinckley's talk and it was awesome. Well, we then ran and had a meeting with Надежда and her sons. Well, that went well and we had a good time there. Her sons have a lot of energy and she gets upset easy with them, but I really like them a lot. We played for a bit and she had a lot of questions. It felt awesome to teach a family and I love it a ton. Blinkov was there also, and that was cool. We are now home and I am calling people and doing my normal thing. We had an awesome week and I enjoyed it a ton. Next week should be awesome also, and I am excited!

I figured that I had better write what happened with the neighbors. We went out to eat шашлики (shish-ka-bobs) with the neighbors and we were waiting while they were cooking. They were all really drunk and one lady sang us a german song and it was funny. We didn't have a lot of time and so they gave us the ones that were "ready." Well, they were sure bloody and disgusting and we thought we were going to die. We came in and ate some cake and chips. I guess that you shouldn't eat with drunks late at night - but they sure are crazy."

No comments: