Saturday, July 4, 2009

Russian Independence Day

4 July 2005
"Ohh say can you see, by the dawns early light...what a 4th of July. There were fireworks, food, and fun. We had a huge get together and partied our guts out. OK, we were just in the office most of the day. Nothing major - I meant we're in Russia. Let's just say there was no Russian celebrations. So we went to Ehlert's place this morning and helped them to talk with their land lady. That went went well, and we got breakfast out of it - eggs, ham, and toast. Well, we went to the office we started our stuff - statistics - before having собрание округа. That went a lot longer than it should have, but it was all good I guess. Well the ZL's did make us lunch for the 4th and we all ate together. We had chili dogs as it's fairly American. It was tasty and smelly - I think you caught the hint. Well, we had a little time before we ran to the church to serve. We helped do some Russian ремонт that didn't do a lot of good. Basically there was zero point to it. Who puts styrofome up to cement walls with nails? It will be pretty once they put up the wall paper there - ok, it will only last for a year and then fall apart like all Russian ремонт. Well, we helped for a couple hours and then we went back to the office where I finished up the stats. I also made the cake that my family sent me. Wow! That was way good and I absolutely loved it. It was the best cake I have had in a long time. Well, we got home late as we had to help the APs on the computer to get the transfers finished up. Tomorrow will be crazy again. Off to getting ready!"

No comments: