Monday, August 31, 2009

Long...

31 August 2005
"Today we have been super busy and there is a reason that we are still here. I am doing well and having a good time here. I am enjoying life and actually I have had tons to do today so that is good. I also have been able to get a lot of the necessary things done that I needed to. The nicest thing though was that this morning my comp and I had a nice time talking and studying together. It was the first time this week and likely the last. Maybe we will have time again but it always seems that there never is time. Anyhow, so this morning we studied and all and that went well. We talked more about Alma 40 and about how that is possible. We also talked about Adam and Eve and about how it was forbidden to partake of the tree of good and evil and the consequences of that. Studying is always a ton of fun and there is always a ton to think about.

Well, we came to the office, and I had to start by typing up some papers for President and then I also had to type up a letter for Сестра Петунц. She is leaving tomorrow with President and she kind of left suddenly. It is her time already to leave, but we were expecting her to stay here for a bit longer. Anyhow, I had to write the letter which I complained about a bit, but in the end President just re-wrote the thing anyways so that was good for me as I have no thoughts in Russian like President. So after writing these I had to go to Bucks apartment and to get a TV and DVD player with Elder Ehlert and then we got back here and I kept busy with things that I don’t know what I had to do. Well anyways, I stayed super busy and then we had a meeting with Tom.

Tom is doing well and he is still reading and he still wants to know more. He wants to know the truth and so is searching diligently. He is trying to find out if it is true, and it is so nice to teach him because he always seems to understand. In fact today he talked a little bit about exaltation and about how the fact that maybe God was a person before this. He seemed to agree. We watched the Restoration with him and I absolutely love that movie. It is so touching and the story of Joseph Smith is so true. I know that what is there really did happen and that Joseph really did restore the church on the earth. Well, we communicated our feelings and then he also communicated his. He always agrees with the doctrine and has so much understanding of what we teach. He said that he just isn’t sure yet. He is ready, and he just needs to admit it. We will be teaching next week, so we will be preparing a good lesson and hopefully we can get a baptismal date.

After the meeting we got back to work and I finished up some stuff for the Elders that got deported to Kiev. I worked on figuring out what is going to happen with their things and how we are going to get them to Kiev, and all that good stuff. I don’t know still but they want us to send them with one of the conductors on the train although we don’t think it is really all that safe. We also don’t know if it will work although they are sure that it will work. Well we are still working on it now as we speak and it is pretty ridiculous. I don’t know what to do, but hopefully things will work out. It would be really nice if we could just things done quick and not worry about it so much, but it is really on their shoulders right now because they have to take care of these elders. Well, we hopefully get all figured out tomorrow.

Tonight the sisters were all here and we talked with them a bit. They got things ready to go out to some of the branches, and that helped us a ton. We are going to be getting those to them soon and that will help them a ton. I worked a lot with Access with tonight and I worked on setting up a list so that now our e-mail addresses will show up when we go home since no one wastes time to handwrite anymore. Well, I got that figured out and then I had to repack the elders bags. There is so much good stuff in there and I wish I could take it, but I guess I will just live with what I have. So tonight I am getting ready to go home and I am really tired. It will be nice to get a good night of sleep and tomorrow be back to work. We have a ton to do so that is good, and we will be super busy. What a life!"

No comments: