Tuesday, September 1, 2009

No work and Katrina

1 September 2005
"I have felt kind of useless today, even though we had a decent day. This morning we slept in because our alarm didn't work. We got up and hurried and got ready and ran to the office. After sitting behind my computer for 10 minutes, I realized I had very little to do. I had gone without breakfast and so I made some pancakes for myself. After the pancakes I got a few things ready to go to Сестра Петунц. Well, I did some reading up on some beliefs I played around some more with Access and made some cool reports and things. I worked some more on the Kiev problem, but we don't know what to do still. They are being interesting about it, and maybe I'll go there myself - lol - I only wish. Well, I just sat and didn't know really what to do. They worked on getting more hymnbooks labeled and I helped a little bit. I did take a look at some pictures of hurricane Katrina that was in America. It was huge and there was tons of pictures of the floods and all. Well, it was pretty crazy and it was weird to think that right now this is going on. Well today was the first day of school, and it didn't even hit me - we were in the office most the day. One of the things that we noticed was that there was a ton of people on the streets this afternoon and this evening. It's weird what gets them out. Well, we were working, contacting, and knocking this evening when we had a lady invite us in out of nowhere. She doesn't believe a ton but is a great lady. We talked with some other people, and it was nice to work, but I couldn't talks as my head hurt from being in the office so long. Tomorrow I will have plenty to do, and we will have some time to work. It is nice to be able to get out of the office - you just have to do missionary work!"

No comments: