Thursday, September 3, 2009

Normal P-day

3 August 2005
"We are so boring. We don't do anything that is exciting. Life really sucks when you are the only 2 elders with p-day. I mean, it’s not like I am going to die, but it really is boring. This morning I didn't get up on time again because I slept very little last night. All I thought about was a missionary who will be here and how she needs to be here by Thursday to get set apart and then get to Moscow. It tortured me all night. Well, I wrote home, and that went well. The family is doing well, and there is no major news. My sister is going to move out for a while, so that is crazy. I looked at a bunch of pictures of the hurricane Katrina and things are crazy there. It is sad how much is happening. We were bored and didn't want to leave, and so I work more on the Access program. We finally left, and we went to the store and got some food for the next week. Well, it should be good, and I got a lot of good stuff. On the way home, rain came really hard and I was pretty wet. Well, it was all good and we went back to the office to make lunch. We had potatoes, chicken, and a salad type of thing. After eating we got all our things together and we came home where we layed down to sleep. I slept for about an hour and a half before President called and woke me up. He needed some help, so I did what I could. Well, I wrote a letter to Jeff and then I read a bit. We went to Площадь Революции. We sat and watched the people walk by and it was pretty funny. We were waiting for Юрий but he didn't show, so we went to see Степан w/o him. We heard all of the same excuses again about not coming and not being able to. We told him that he had to, and he agrees but then makes an excuse why he can't. It is frustrating but we just need to keep working with him. After the meeting we went on to the street and we were heard "Lady In Red" playing down by the Volga and we walked down that way. We stopped by the store and grabbed some stuff for tomorrow. We are of course fasting right now and I am having a good time with that - I actually enjoy conquering the body. I am fasting for Tom that he might realize that he has already found out that the church is true. I hope that all will work out for him. Well for being a boring day, I wrote a lot. I hope that tomorrow will be a good day and that all will go well. I love fast and testimony meeting and the spirit that comes from it. We will hopefully work well tomorrow and find some new people, but we'll see for sure."

No comments: