Friday, September 11, 2009

At the Ehlert's

11 September 2005
"I feel a lot better after today. It was nice to be out and talking with members and other people on the streets. It was way cool . This morning we went to the church early to pen in up because President Колцов didn't have his keys. We opened it up and then we sat there. Well, the sacrament wasn't there and so that meant that someone had to run get some bread. Not only that, but they forgot to bring the water up after getting it ready, so we started sacrament w/o water and bread. Luckily I noticed and we got it before there was much of a problem. The meeting was good and then Elder Ehlert taught priesthood - that was the best lesson since I've gotten here to Russia and everyone participated. We then sang in a choir that went well. I sang bass with a crazy guy here - Mark Chamberlain. We then came home and Elder Bennett and I chatted a bit about things before heading off to do some contacting! We then went and tried to talk to people but not much came from it. We just felt good to be helping people and to be doing missionary work. We went to the Ehlert's house for dinner and as always, it was really really tasty. I love the Ehlerts and I will miss them when I do leave. We talked about the branch and how to help them, and so we had a good time there. I also thought some about the areas that I have serve in and about my success. It was interesting and even more so in 8 months when I leave. We got home, and now I feel a lot better that we got out and worked. I love to work!"

No comments: