Friday, October 16, 2009

President

16 October 2005
"Once again, the spirit was strong and we enjoyed conference very much. It was so awesome today. President Hinckley gave an awesome talk about forgiveness. He talked about how we need to forgive no matter what. Also, Elder Uchtdorf talked about President Davidik and about how after just one month in the church, he became a branch president. What a great man he is. I loved to feel the spirit, and there were so many great songs. They did such an awesome job. I love the prophets, and the words that they speak. It is such a blessing. It was too bad that so few people were there because conference is such a wonderful time to receive a spiritual boost.

Надежда and her kids came, but after only one hour left because it was super hard for her kids to sit through it. They were trying to sit and sleep all at the same time. It was a good thing that they left. Well, after the meeting, I got everything put up and then we went with the district to the Ehlert's and had a nice large meal - hot dogs, beans, salad, jello and all those good things. Well, we then talked about conference and what we heard, and it reminded me of home. When we got together and discussed the talks and all. We then took off and met with a family - Исабаевы - and talked a little about conference. We finished the night at Степан's house and that was fun as always, and we talked about life in general. He has way too many excuses. I love conference time, and I have soo much to work on. That is the best part - I have something to do in order to prepare for next conference, and then I'll learn more, and work more. I am always striving for something more."

No comments: