Tuesday, August 18, 2009

2 missing elders

18 August 2005
"Things were sure interesting today. We were in the office and I was going about my work when I got a call - '2 elders didn't get visas.' Well, I called Блинков and some other people. I talked with the elders and they will be here tomorrow so we will send them back gain this time to Estonia. Elder Wright and Smoot are the two elders so we will see what happens.

That's the crazy news for the day. We also went to do service this morning and that went well. We went back to the old beat down hospital and we cleaned up a little bit there. It is insane how bad of condition the place is in. Well, I talked with Sister Петунц for a little bit and and that went pretty well. She is cool, and we talked about Engels a bit and about all that is happening there. She asked me why I came on my mission and I remembered about when I went to EFY and how after that I had a great desire to serve and I knew that it is what I needed to do. Interesting how one event can make a huge difference. Sister П. came because she always wanted to from when she got baptized by the sisters. It was cool to remember. After service, we went to eat at Жили-Били. It was alright but nothing too amazing. We ate there with the APs. We went to the office and worked and then tonight we went to see an inactive lady named Елена and read with her as it is hard for her. I got some junk food on the way home and no I am here. Rain came today. That was nice to cool things down. I am very humbled to be here today after the visa incident. They may not serve here in a month and maybe they will never have the chance to come back into Russia. I am very grateful to serve here and know that this is where the Lord would have me be at this time."

No comments: