Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Memorable

19 August 2005
"It is definitely a rememberable day here. I don't think I will forget this one ever. Well we had a lot of fun, and had some hard times, but basically all in all it ended well even though we had a couple of elders who had a sad ending to their serving in the Russia Samara mission. This morning we had a relaxing time as we were able to sit and to enjoy the time that we hd. Well, we came to the office and the fun just began. After about 10 minutes of sitting here in the office I got a call from Elder Nava that went like this - 'The two elders are sitting in passport control and they won't let them through. They are sitting there right now.' Well that led to series of phone calls all over the place - Moscow to other elders and everywhere. I made sure that the other elders got out of the place quick like so that they didn't come and pick them up and take them out. Well I got a call about 5 minutes later and Elder Smoot said 'We have been deported and we are on the plane back to Vilnius right now.' Well I had a conference on the phone with a Oleg Rumyantsev and we talked about what was happening and all and I talked with President Peiper. Well we sat and thought what could be the problem. The minute that they flew into Vilnius I had them on the phone trying to find out what they could do and all. Well we had made it official and they would be coming back into Russia and there is likely no chance that they ever could. They have tons to do, and there is no way that they could ever get by passport control. Well they met up with Elders there and started to work. I kept busy with talking to people and it became official that they would be serving in the Kiev Ukraine Mission. Well I got sent off to there so that they could get them visas and all. Well that was the craziness of the day. You just never know about what could happen and how fast it could happen. They had no idea and it just came out of nowhere, they were here one day and gone the next. I don't know ho I would react but it is interesting to think what I would do or wouldn't do in such a situation. I am way glad that I am here and that I am serving and I realize now that I better be serving like every day like it is my last on Russia, because I never know what could happen to me and it really might be that way. They will never see the loved ones that they shared the gospel with again, and they will not see the members that they had so many meetings with, at least not for a few years. The joys of service. I love it here! Well I couldn't think and I had tons to do. We got out of the office and met with Вячеслав. We had a good meeting and he is doing well. He will be teaching on Sunday so we hope that will be good and we will be helping him with that. Well we then came back to the office as we had to wait for Tarnuev and Whitaker who are going to serve in the places of the two elders that got deported. Well basically things were crazy and things just went out of control. They got here about 10 and right now I have been trying to get hold of the elders coming back for Vilnius but they don't have a cell phone. Well we have been trying to work things out. I am headed to the Vokzal here in 2 minutes to be with an elder there and then I will come back here quick like and yeah. Well things are crazy and so I am tried and still running on nothing. I have no money at all to pay of things and yet somehow I have to pay for all. Well I am going crazy and I think that tomorrow will be a good time to relax. I am excited for that. Oh yeah, inspite of it all the best news is that Tom called and wants to come on Sunday. Hoorah for such a wonderful day. I will never forget it!"

No comments: