Friday, August 21, 2009

New Missionary

21 August 2005
"The weather just did it to us today. I just wanted to play some football as that is what the weather was like. Man I just sat and thought about like whens I played and it would be nice to play, but I guess that I have to give some things up. I didn't think too long about it though as we had plenty to do. Well, we went to the meeting today and had a good time there. We talked with people for a bit and they seem to be doing well. Вячеслав gave the lesson and it was a lot worse then I thought. He just read straight from the book. We are going to work with him on that a bit so hopefully he can do a bit better with teaching at the meeting. We rode home with Баба Нина and helped her before going to the office and eating. We ate chicken noodle soup - something like that at least. We decided to get out and to do some contacting. We walked and basically just talked with each other as no one was on the streets. Basically we met a couple people on the street, but no one really too interested. The darn weather keeps everyone out of the streets. We took a look on the river for a bit and then we picked up Саша Толкачов from the office. He will be serving in the Washington Mission and its his last night here. When he said goodbye to his Mom it was harder for me than him as I recalled when I left. Well, he is with us now, and he is excited to leave but a bit nervous. We are telling him that it will be way cool and he'll love it. It is awesome here and I love serving and I love to be serving these people."

No comments: