Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Small Act of Service

6 October 2005
"It is interesting the miracles that the Lord performs when things are down. Today was a really down day for me. It was really my fault for complaining about the office. I complained about not seeing anyone and was just feeling bad for myself. It is hard, but I need to just work. Well today after the office we were headed to a meeting with some members (the Сталновы's) and there was no one on the streets and I was getting upset and felt like giving up. Well, I saw an old бабушка across the street who was bent over and very little. She was trying to carry a box and was having a lot of trouble. Well, I thought that there was no need to help as I wanted to talk with a family. We walked by (on the other side of the street) and after about 15 seconds I told Elder Jonsson that we needed to go back and help (he didn't see her). Well, we went back and took the box and walked and talked. She was a nice old lady and I can't express the feelings of joy that I felt. I realize that it isn't about the number of lessons but more on the quality of work we are doing. I love to server others, and although we didn't find a new family, we did what the Savior would have done.

In the office we worked for a long time and got a lot done. I got some visa paper work done and then I wrote some more of those darn letters for leaving missionaries I really dislike that job but I guess that is part of my calling. My big thing today was getting the calendar all setup for next year. That was pretty interesting and a very difficult task. To think about the entire year is sure insane, but I think I have things decently planned but I guess we shall see. Well, we got out of there, and went to our meeting. We talked about missionary work and we had them show us in which area to work. We will go out there next week and hopefully all will work out. It was an awesome lesson and the spirit was strong. Now we are home and we are getting ready for another big day tomorrow."

No comments: