Sunday, October 4, 2009

Kazan Craziness

4 October 2005
"We made today a super quick one. We did so little, but so much. This morning we studied as always and that was cool. We then headed to the office a few minutes early so that I could finish getting ready for MEC. Well, there is some crazy stuff going on in the mission and the craziness is in Kazan. They had a tone of inactives at the meeting, about 20, and most of them got up and bore their testimonies about how the church isn't necessary and how the branch president is such a bad guy. Well, I guess the district leader - Elder Tarnuev - got up and closed the meeting. Well, it was a tough day for them Sunday and things were sure interesting.

I guess that is shocking, but it happens. Well, we finished the meeting after a long discussion and we ate a good lunch that Sister Ehlert made. It was awesome - stew and mashed potatoes. Well, I then worked on all the little things that I need to and get a lot done. We finished up and then we ran to the church for FHE that went well. We also had a good time chatting with people. I found out that Sister Фомичева didn't hear a single discussion before baptism and only one after baptism. They just baptized her in 1991 and she didn't understand. Well, it is sure insane and I couldn't believe it. There is a great story about coming on a mission and she will be recording that for me on a tape. Tomorrow we should have a good day, and I am excited to be back to work and meeting. It will be nice.
"

No comments: